what is springfest?
SpringFest was created to bring the entire UMich and surrounding community together, by providing a central platform from which we can showcase the best of local community, culture, and innovation. We do this by cultivating over 60 startups and student organizations, two university units, five corporate sponsors, and nine local partners and bringing them all to the Diag - the most central location on the University of Michigan campus. For one day in April, the Diag is transformed and filled with the best of art, music, food, innovation, identity, sustainability, and social change. From art installations to a pitch competition to live service events, SpringFest creates a space to engage with and unite the student and local community. SpringFest is capped off with a major nighttime concert, which has included headliners from Migos to J. Cole to 2Chainz. SpringFest 2017 was held in the Crisler Center, the first concert to be held there in 10 years.
louis the child
april 4th, 2018
This year, SpringFest will include:
- 60+ student organizations representing the efforts of 2,000+ students
- Representation from students from every school within the university
- 20-30 student startups in our Startup Village
- Being the largest student zero-waste event on campus
- 7+ live activations by corporate sponsors