what is MOve?
MOvE provides high schoolers with an opportunity to spend the weekend in Ann Arbor, tour campus, strengthen friendships through bonding activities, and learn valuable information about the college experience and application process from University officials and current U of M students. Every high schooler who attended in the past said they learned more about themselves, the college application process, and the benefits of a college education. The program aims to create a positive perception of the college experience in the minds of MOvE's attendees, and to inspire them to maintain higher education as a priority.
Specifically the goals of the camp are:
- Learn invaluable information about the path to college: how to get there, why it's important, what opportunities exist on campus.
- Gain resources and connections to help the campers stay on track throughout their high school years following the program .
- Explore potential majors and career paths that are available at UM and beyond.
- See the most exciting and innovative areas of UM and Ann Arbor to help imbue the "work hard, play hard" mentality.
may 18-20, 2018
The university of michigan
This year, MOvE will include:
- 50 High School Students
- 38 Campers
- 12 Junior Counselors
- 16 MUSIC Matters Counselors
- 3 days Of An Unforgettable Experience
who we are
MUSIC Matters is one of the largest student organizations at the University of Michigan. We harness the power and potential of music to bring about positive social change in the greater Ann Arbor community. Every year MUSIC Matters puts on multiple concerts including SpringFest a large music festival that raises money to fund our social ventures: MOvE, CoMMunity Partnership, and Big Thinkers Scholarship. Through our passion for music and social activism we intend to make a real, tangible, and positive impact on our community.